Adding an excerpt of this article, because it addresses something to be taken into account when creating a pattern library: Addressing downsides and pitfalls to beware of when applying a pattern.
The author has blogged separately on…
What’s wrong with…
- best practices, when applied to social systems;
- Enterprise Architecture;
- building blocks used metaphorically in IT and Enterprise Architecture and many other domains;
- service improvement ;
- “buying” ideas;
- human resources as a label for people working in an organization;
- the data-information-knowledge pyramid;
- requirements, when applied to data-centric architecture, but that’s after briefly explaining what’s wrong with the web and with enterprise IT, so three what’s wrong for the price of one.